Sunday, June 26, 2011

A QUIET MARKET DAYZ BUT ALWAYS FUN!

Well, it was a quiet night at Market Dayz...but I was glad to go out to try to support my friend Cynthia who is owner of LUNA'S MANDALA  and the organizer of this event.  Cynthia has a wonderful little shop full of jewelry, art from local artisans and music that soothes the soul!

Cynthia works hard to bring people up the mountain to see what we have to offer up here...It was quiet and some people didn't show up as promised, ...but I have learned that things are different up the mountain.  I admire Cynthia for working to try to bring us together to try to have an artistic presence!  For those of you who remember the many months I spent trying to get a group started up here you will remember it was all up hill.  It isn't that people are bad or not excellent at what they have to offer...I think it is possibly that people move up here to escape many of the busy days that live down the mountain and they relish their privacy...perhaps...it was my final observation anyway...but I could be wrong...but I don't think I am! HA...so on we plug...trying as we can to do what we can do!  so I say.."I'm PROUD of you Cynthia...HANG IN THERE!!"...there's always next month!

Below is another of my little aspen paper cast pieces...I adore working with my paper casts!...This one my husband named..."Aspen Gold"...and, I thank my blogger friends Autumn Leaves and Wendy for their contributions to the name game...I will use BOTH...as I am often stumped as to another name to attach to yet ANOTHER aspen piece!...THANKS GIRLS!

and...on we go!  HAPPY CREATING!, and oh...a friend mentioned I didn't name the names...they were...Aspen Magic and Aspen Shadows

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Aspen Gold is perfect for this one, Saundra. Love the shadows on the left side of the trunks. Very springy, this piece. So sorry to hear that the Market Dayz wasn't too well attended. Hopefully the next one makes up for that. You look cute, as always.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Autumn Leaves..I'll tell my husband his name was well received! ha.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...