Monday, July 11, 2011

IN PROCESS...still...

Yesterday between gullywashers I began to move across the support surface of my 18x48" cradled surface blocking in my commission of Mt. Evans.  There is a different thought process that wars with the creative side when working on a commission based on another piece I've done.  There is the need to reproduce what the collector found they loved that wars a bit with my creative side.  I want to do what they want, but at the same time give it a freshness that my creative brain needs to do.  I think for this piece it will be in the papers I lay in below this mountain.

I will work my way across this panorama and make sure it is faithfully rendered so as to be recognizable...and at the same time I will work my way down.  As you can see I've begun to block in color that will mostly be covered with paper...but there are those "moments" in the piece where the underpainting will show through...giving it it's freshness.

I usually lay my papers down quickly...just as I paint; which also helps to keep things exciting and fresh...THAT PART I hope to get to today amidst laundry and other things of life that go with a returning spouse from a trip...

So, off to get to it!  HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

What an amazing process Saundra. Looking forward to the 'final' product!

Autumn Leaves said...

Hoping spouse was on a trip for maybe an interview? If so, hoping he gets the job! I just lost my job; company sold and my last day is Friday. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fretting and stewing.

Anyway, this piece is looking awesome, Saundra. I can't wait to see more!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...