Monday, October 24, 2011

AND MORE PROCESS...

big ole aspen piece (2'x2') process 2

Yep, I knew it was coming...and, with this piece it has...a need to do a little something else...or, something!  I've been working this way for awhile, and although I will CONTINUE WORKING LIKE THIS because I LOVE THE PROCESS, I'm searching for a little more...something sparky...and, it may not happen with this piece as it is pretty far along...but my mind is going on it, and if I let it keep going on it I will find some; perhaps subtle thing; or not so subtle thing; to add or do to keep my interest...I originally had thought to just do trunks...but now I'm going to play with some leaves...perhaps with yellows and even the turquoise color...who says we have to stay true to life! HA  Can't believe I said that...I'm all about the color...When I taught middle school I kept saying it doesn't matter what COLOR you choose...as long as the VALUES are there it will be successful...They thought I was nuts until they tried it! HA.  I believe that...the color is merely a personal choice!  Do you know we all see color a little differently?  DUH...sorry, I'm still waking up so I'm a little simple minded today.

So, if I could spark any of you on this slow starting (for me) Monday it would be to take a subject you are already familiar with and do a painting, or color sketch in a TOTALLY unrealistic color...just keep your values strong...and see if it doesn't make your brain so very happy!!  Try it!!  and, if you feel so inclined...share with me your efforts...you know I love that!!  art4life44@hotmail.com

so, for me it is back to my easel...HAPPY CREATING!

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Une oeuvre qui ne manque pas de caractère... Normal, n'est-ce pas quand on a affaire à une artiste telle que toi!
je te fais de gros bisous

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci pour tels compliments créatif Martinealison ! Les grands baisers redressent de retour votre façon !

Autumn Leaves said...

This looks so beautiful and fresh as it stands, Saundra. I can only imagine the beauty as you move towards completion. I love your talk of colors and values, and even though I've heard it before, I never pay close enough attention.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Sherry! I know all art goes through an "ugly" stage, but when we get on in to it...my personal opinion is it should stand NEARLY on it's own on into the finish line! Just a humble artist opinion! My work doesn't always do that...but, I try. I'm playing with an idea as we speak...old and new and old again...let's see what happens!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...