Saturday, December 3, 2011

"PAXTON RIDING HIS BUMBO" ORIGINAL OIL PORTRAIT OF MY GRANDSON © NANA

Paxton on his bumbo"
10" x 8" oil on stretched canvas
FOR FAMILY :)

I was so tickled by my grandson's newest feat I had to paint him for the memory!  At nearly 4 months he's holding his head up so well he ridin his bumbo (I think that's what they are called)...a VERY independent young man...wants to hold his OWN head up!  I have a few little things here and there to touch up, but this one will have to wait until it's dry so I will stop getting paint all over my hands!  But, FUN DOINS!!!  I have one in mind next where he is laughing...keep a good thought for me as the light is terrible and the photo is a little blurry...but I love that face so I can't help it!!

ps...for those of you who wonder at my "portrait style"; that it is so different than the rest of my work...well...NOT being a great fan of portraits it has been YEARS since I did one...so, I find I tend to slip back to my older, more tight style...just working so hard to actually get a likeness...plus, babies are so smooth and delicate I feel I shouldn't put lots of texture to them...so...for these, I'm sticking to this more traditional style...IF I did them everyday I'm sure I'd loosen up...but, I have a feeling that they will like them cuz they are Paxton! lol

I also have a special painting to do for some awesome neighbors who are always snowblowing our driveway when we haven't gotten to it yet...and, for those long term followers, remember Dave is the one who "took care" of the mountain lion who tried to eat me a couple years ago...SO...One day when I was over at their house helping him with an invention he created (doing drawings for the patent) I noticed he had many taxidermy animals around the house...so I took some pics...and, one stood out...so, I will do a painting of this deer...(keeping the wood support OUT of the painting of course! HA)...so, stay tuned! For those animal lovers out there...he is a very responsible hunter...:)

HAPPY CREATING!

3 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Both paintings of your grandson are terrific! This is really special.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nana...There is nothing wrong with your portrait style, tight, loose, old, or otherwise. He's a beauty!! I so love that shape of his mouth. It is baby perfection!! You know, I was just thinking (jumping off from your own thoughts) how awesome it would be to see you do his portrait in your collage/oil style. It would be amazing and I don't think I've seen that before. Thoughts...fun...doin's...!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Liz and Sherry...I'd do him in my collage style for me, but I think family wants just a straight portrait...:) Good idea...the one I do for me will be the way I approach it! :)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...