Sunday, March 10, 2013

"ELK VISIT" ORIGINAL OIL MINI FOR MY ETSY SHOP © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY


"Elk Visit"
4"x4" oil on panel
$25 +2.95 shipping in US
 
This elk may not look huge in this little mini, but he was HUGE! I've been meaning to paint him for awhile...this is my first moment with him...who knows, I suspect he may show up in future paintings...I love the way he got so close, and the way the sun backlit his antlers and how calm he was with me! FUN DOINS! 
 
As always with my ETSY paintings...the sides are painted black...he can be framed as is...set on an easel, but I caution you on this one, his antlers are close to the edge...with a 4"x4" frame it takes 1/4" on the edges, so it may crowd him in there...so, the option is the free backer board I offer to mount these mini's on so they can be framed as the EXAMPLE below with all sides showing in a 5"x5" frame. 
 
frame suggestion...frames like this can be found at Michaels craft stores.
 
SO, it's been snowing a lot the past month...I've been trapped in my house more than I enjoy..but, as always I try to find inspiration as I can...so the following pics are me finding inspiration!!
 
yep, I was a little depressed when the storm started, so I put bunny (watch for this guy in ETSY in the near future) in front to buffer the snow on my heart! HA
yep, even though the sun came out...it's still bunches of snow as you will see, so the orchids buffered this morning!! :)
a challenge for you abstract artists out there...what kind of compositions can YOU find!! :)
yes, I know...it's pretty...good shadows...good composition...sigh...but it's COLD! :)
tell me this snow plop on top of one of our trees doesn't look like a walrus???
I call this "Burried"...:) I still think this would make an interesting painting...
I love the contrast of color on my pinecones!
 
AND, I've been dreaming and sketching...I'm excited to see the end results of these sketches...literally they were a dream!! FUN DOINS!
HAPPY CREATING!




2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Saundra, I just love how your mind works. I guess being the homebody that I am, I would love being stuck in the house because of snow.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Ha...Crimson Leaves...sometimes it gets a little crowded in my brain...I am a home body too...just like to be ABLE to get out if I wanted...:)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...