Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"ASPEN GOLD" UPDATED, IMPROVED

"Aspen Gold"
 
Sometimes, well, often, if a piece of work hangs in an artist's home long enough they will make changes...Thus is the case with this one.  It bothered me for awhile, but it wasn't until I sat in the hot sun of SAM just staring at it did it come clear to me what needed to be done.  Simple changes, but important ones...I took out the dark in the trees and replaced it with SKY.  HOW SIMPLE...why didn't I see it earlier?  Well, partly because I work so fast...and I had blinders on to what I know simply...and so...the change.  Don't be afraid to do that with existing paintings!  If you've been an artist for very long at all, you already know on some level...you just have to tap in to that inner voice that knows the rules, the composition, the common sense answers...you just have to listen!
 
HAPPY CREATING!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a huge difference it makes. It is a good improvement. We all have those moments with our art. It's harder sometimes to change a watercolor and not make it look overworked though.

Autumn Leaves said...

It is a wonderful piece and your advice is spot on.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks girls...every learning...and I hope that never stops!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...