Saturday, June 14, 2014

GETTING BACK IN THE PAINT! "CREATION" A RAVEN © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Creation" a Raven
apx "15x15" with 2 1/2" gold frame
$380
Available through Luna's Mandala in Conifer, CO

I specifically painted this raven for my gallery in Conifer, CO.  Cynthia is the owner of
this awesome gallery/shop and is ALWAYS so patient with me near SUMMER ART MARKET time; letting me take everything out of the shop for this event.  That doesn't always happen...so, as the stock I had in her gallery dwindled markedly, I painted this for the shop to replace a large piece I took out.  IF you are interested in this, please visit Luna's Mandala in Conifer, or contact me at art4life44@hotmail.com.  We can work something out!

As I wanted this piece to be rather symbolic, I added the imagery of the spiral life symbol and one of the words associated with the raven; this in the native American world is creation.  They believe that the raven is behind the creation of all things.  Although I do not believe that; God did the creatin in my book...I DO find lore from other cultures fascinating...so, if you look carefully in the photo you can see the addition of the word "creation" in the painting.  I've added some of my papers as well...and let this guy live this way!
I am tickled pink that my little nearly 3 year old grandson Paxton has taken to art...I love the look of pure joy on his precious face!
HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

No denying Paxton is your grandson; those artistic genes run deep! Love the raven; the gold paper is perfect to bring this painting into that lovely frame!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank youCrimsonLeaves. I enjoyed playing with the gold! I'm excited to get paintings from this boy!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...