Friday, January 29, 2016

This fun little "slice of life" painting is cupcakes today.  I am finding that just about any subject matter will work in my SOL paintings and I plan to keep it up to see just how many subjects can work with this fun little composition.  The beads below that look like they are just randomly scattered below are a red coral I believe...I've had them in my jewelry supplies I am fairly certain that is what they are...I put them on to give that fun texture and a way to bring the unifying color below the slice...I just LOVE TEXTURE!   You can't really see the texture that is over the entire front surface of this 12"x12" canvas...but it is there and adds a great amount of interest to this off white surface.  You can see my signature paper streaming through this little cupcake parade as well.  I like that this can be an affordable option for a painting with a smaller price tag than would be if these little guys were covering the entire surface!  My way of trying to bring affordable and fun art to everyone!


Another thing I love about these slice of life paintings, as I am calling them, is they lend themselves perfectly to layering in your decor!  So many now are layering artwork on mantles and shelves, and this is a great way to meld this wonderful piece into your decor as the example of my little pear hanging out bringing the greens into focus!  FUN DOINS!

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...