Monday, April 4, 2016

"CAPITOL PEAK" © SAUNDRA LANE

"Capitol Peak" is the third in my Mountain Summit series.  This one was a favorite of one of my artist friends; Mark Oehlert who used to live here, but now resides in San Antonio.  Things I learned about Capitol Peak today as I painted her was she is a 14er; some 14, 137' high.  Many consider her one of the most difficult climbs, I'm guessing due to the straight face.  She is found in the rugged Elk Mountains and Maroon Bells here in Colorado.  Here is "Capitol Peak" in a suggested frame.
I think it will be Longs Peak next; a favorite of another of my artist friends...so stay tuned!

I am also busy in my studio working on my next largish piece that will be aspen.  I have started the background in acrylic and stamping, and then added papers...next will be to decide the tree placement and paint them...with a bit of oil to finish up I believe.
2'x2'

I missed a wonderful trip to my mother's on Easter Sunday due to weather...I also missed seeing my grand babies...sure love these people!
Happy Creating!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...