Friday, July 1, 2016

"CHERRIES 5" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA ON GALLERY WRAP CANVAS © SAUNDRA LANE FINE ART


I love painting cherries...there is just something about them.  I love their strong colors, I love their shape and when I paint red cherries the contrast is always strong.  I love that the most of all!  Some years ago when I began to add papers streaming throughout a painting I found that cherries lended very well to just add them here and there as the paper streamed across the surface. So, now and then I enjoy adding a cherry or so to a canvas.  It is an automatic smile for me!  The green paper you see streaming across the surface is hand made.  It is actually some paper that was under a project I did recently of aspen trees.  As I cleaned off the stencil it began to be a fun color combo.  So, I like to use whatever is in front of me when I work, and this paper fit perfectly into this painting I think.  I love the strong black and white paper that I've used quite a bit in my work; a great combo!  The background starts with acrylic and then the papers go down...but the rest of the surface usually ends up in oil along with the subject matter.

"Cherries 5" is painted on the sides for a contemporary look. I put wire on the back so it's ready to hang, but the 1.5" depth also makes it awesome for sitting on a shelf or mantle among other fun cherry matching items!
BE INSPIRED!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...