Thursday, July 28, 2016

"ACORN LIFE" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA SLICE OF LIFE PAINTING © SAUNDRA LANE FINE ART


I really enjoy my "slice of life" paintings as I call them.  It is literally a slice of something displayed on a specifically textured canvas...always with a little sumpin sumpin on the bottom.  This one sports an American proverb which says "from little acorns mighty oaks do grow". 

This has so much to say about life in general as well...it only takes a little change to make a big difference.  THAT is my biggest and best message within the nature that I find so beautiful that I chose to display to get my message out! As I do with so many of my wrapped canvas paintings, I've painted around the sides so this painting is ready to hang as is! This gives the painting a contemporary look.  But, for those of you with a bit more of a traditional feel you could also frame it.

I've begun with acrylic in the background and then added my own handmade oak leaf stamps with some acid free paper before painting in the acorns in oil. 

FIND INSPIRATION WHERE EVER YOU CAN!


2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Je suis toujours éblouie par votre peinture... Très joli travail.

Gros bisous 🌸 de Ramatuelle où j'expose mon travail en ce moment.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci pour votre gratuit mots mon ami ! Tu me fais sourire !

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...