Friday, July 9, 2010

"12 Cherries" acrylic/paper collage © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "12 Cherries"
3 1/2" x 16" MDF panel with 1 3/4" poplar cradle

I had a ball working on this very FUN skinny horizontal!  When I began to cut my own pieces I have the joy of making very custom sizes...thus this 3 1/2" x 16" mixed media on MDF panel which has my
1 3/4" cradled poplar which will be finished to  compliment the piece... I've already added it to my website at www.saundralanegalloway.com.

The detail shots seemed to catch the light a bit more than I would like, but when working with mediums that is a bit unavoidable.  The colors are very strong and striking.

It's been a very busy time for me getting ready for my big ole art/garage sale and working on these pieces for the Conifer Mountain Music Festival on August 7...BUT I'm having FUN, and that helps!

I also wanted to include a wonderful painting my blogger friend and follower did from a photo I posted of a duck...I'm so tickled with Liz Pearson's duck that I just had to share it as well!!


Happy creating all!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Nancy! I'm having a ball!

Autumn Leaves said...

Sigh...I guess I missed the challenge (I don't recall the duck...). At any rate, this is beautiful, Saundra. I'm not a huge fan of fruit paintings in general (though I do see beautiful pieces painted by the artists I follow), but this one is different. What a fabulous composition, collage, colors...all of it comes together just beautifully. And I am a huge fan of the odd sized format!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

me too Autumn...long skinny is FUN!

Dean H. said...

The cherries panel is very bright and beautiful, Saundra! You have made the patterned bands fit so very well.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Dean!

Art with Liz said...

Oh Saundra that was so nice of you to share my duck! Your duck! And those cherries in that format are totally incredible! Gosh, but you're good.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Liz, I was thinking the same thing about you!!

Lisa Daria said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this - that's three loves -that's a lot. The color, the pattern - !

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...