Friday, July 2, 2010

"Three Lemons and a Cherry" mixed media collage © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "Three Lemons and a Cherry" acrylic/paper mixed media collage
8"x11 1/2" mixed media on MDF panel with 1 3/4" poplar cradle finished to enhance the painting

Ever curious I HAD to find out if I could work in my new most exciting style with other subject matter, so lemons it was.  Again, working with acrylics and my acid free papers (these purchased) and a little molding paste thrown in for good measure...well, I decided to add a bit of texture on the lemons to disguise some of the layers of paper under them, and give a bit of added texture.  With the flowers there is so much going on the papers showing through was great...the lemons having such large surface with no other things going on needed a bit of cover so as not to take away from their planes...

I believe now that I have found such joy in working this way a revamp of my website will be in order before long.....! YEA!

I have been busy preparing for a garage sale I've decided to have next Saturday, so my work on my "real work' will be a bit slower...I keep asking myself "ARE YOU CRAZY??"...a big undertaking...But, I have supplies I no longer work in, furniture, things from my teaching days that need to leave the premises...so, onward through this sweaty time...wish me luck!!

HAPPY DAY TO YOU ALL!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really nice piece. I like your collage and acrylic pieces. They are so interesting.
Jean

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Jean...I am SOOOO thrilled to be doing them...Makes me even happier!!

martinealison said...

Très belle réussite que cette peinture citronnée! Vous débordez d'idées!!! et j'aime ça... Bises

Autumn Leaves said...

Has to be one of my favorite fruit pieces, ever, Saundra. The collage aspect just adds so much more interest. The cherry you painted is exquisite!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci Martinealison...I am hoping the ideas will continue!

Autumn Leaves...Thank you! I'm just loving this approach!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...