Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Mt. Evans Panorama" COMPLETED © Saundra Lane Galloway

 Mt. Evans Panorama
apx. 18" x 48"
MDF panel with 1 3/4" cradled sides stained English Oak
After a bit of tweaking;  adding papers, playing with the sky I can happily call this largish piece finished!  I have to admit that I used to be intimidated by larger pieces with my style, but I've since completing a couple I have found it just as enjoyable though a bit tricky moving it from my easel where I paint to my collage table where I...collage...as my studio is rather small...It's kind of like bumping your elbows in a small shower...even though bumping the collage doesn't physically hurt...I still say "ouch"! 

This pic is from early winter where the snow still sits on the mountain, but in between snows so large it covered the foreground.  I find it a good reference as we all know contrast is a good thing!

I am happy to say we were able to reschedule the dates for my workshop on collage at the Aar River Gallery to Feb. 1-2.  For registration forms please follow this link.   IF you want to learn more about my process AND be caught up on the newest things out there in collage ideas...AND want to see in person my process in wax collage and paper casting (which will be featured in the Jan/Feb issue of Cloth Paper Scissors)  AND create one yourself in this jam packed two day workshop I hope to see you there!

HAPPY CREATING!!

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Comment note-t-on un bon élève dans vos cours ??? Moi je vous donne presque le 9/10 car si je vous donnais le maximum vous ne feriez plus aucun effort pour nous étonner!!
Bisous et bravo encore.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Je prends cela comme un compliment très agréable ! Je consens. ..we toujours quelque chose de besoin pour aspirer à ! Vous remercier martinealison !

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...