Sunday, May 15, 2011

"PURPLE CALLA'S" SOLD...HOME AGAIN...SHOWS!

WELL, I'm home from Oklahoma City...my visit with my parents went great!  It was good to catch up, shop, laugh and play!  As always my mother's garden was a delight...here are some pics for you...remember, if there is one you want to paint from you are most welcome!! I had planned to blog as I was there, but there was no connection...so aarrgghh...I had to wait until I got home!...After cleaning up 300 e-mails I'm back at it!

There are bird houses all over the garden...and, yes...birds use them!
This red lily poked out just in time!
The yellow lilies were gorgeous as well!
Mom's Red Knockout roses are her favorites this year...she's got BUSHES and BUSHES of them!
If you've been following for long you will know that my mom is a die hard TEXAN...she was born in Pleasant Valley Texas at home, but she told me the story this time that her school was on Route 66!  FUN!
Jackson the cat is her pride and joy...he's got us all under his spell!
We went to a new little specialty drink place one day and I got a fun lemonade that had this lemon that was the MOST PERFECT slice...I just had to photograph it!
Even IN the house mom has oodles of garden...this big old sunflower was sitting on the dining room table...great for a painting I'd say!

So, while I was gone my wonderful husband took these paintings to the ARTIST'S CHOICE show here in Lakewood...it is a very hard show to get in to and I was excited to hear that all four I entered got in!  VERY RARE!...I'm pleased as punch, and I hope any in the area can pop over to see the show!
 The reception for the BRUSHSTROKES GALLERY in Denver was FUN...I was able to re-connect with old artist friends as well as meet a few new ones...It will hang until the 21st...My SUNFLOWER hangs there! (you can see a smidge of it the next to last on the invite!

WHEW...so...NOW it is buckle down and get ready for the SUMMER ART MARKET...coming soon...JUNE 11-12 IN DENVER at the Arts Students League on 2nd and Grant...I'm booth number 6!..Hope you can come!!
HAPPY CREATING TO ALL!!

5 comments:

Berit said...

Beautiful pictures from a beautiful place.
Greetings,
Berit.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Bare bilder!!...

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh what a beautiful garden your mom is tending! Love the birdhouses and knowing they are used too. So glad the calla lilies found a good home (ahem, mine! LOL). And wow! You are one busy dynamo! Good luck with the juried show!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Miss Autumn Leaves!...I wish I could bring everyone into my mom's garden it is so pretty!...

Angela Sullivan said...

Love the painting so soft and beautiful

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...