Friday, November 4, 2011

ACORN PAPER CAST IN PROCESS...AND ONE MORE ASPEN EXPERIMENT!

Let's start from the end and work backwards today...This is the paper cast acorn painting as it is today...The whole piece is going to be 10" matted, under glass with black frame.  Now...from the beginning.
I started with a 300lb piece of watercolor paper on which I added flexible modeling paste and stamped some texture in.  I absolutely LOVE texture, so every chance I get I put some in...THEN I took the acorn paper casts, gesso'd them and laid them in a composition, laying the matt on top to see if I'm going to like placement.

THEN, I stamp the background.  I have a favorite stamp I often use that is a bunch of little squares...and I also added an oak leaf stamp on top of that. (I made the stamp...you've seen it in my other acorn paintings)
For me it's about just putting color that will work in the background to imitate a sky color, and a leaf color...

And, that brings us to where you started...I re-laid the pieces down to see if it works with my background...The next step will be to adhere the branch, paint it...and continue to adhere and paint each piece...I'm going to use oil...so it might get a little tricky...stay tuned!

And, to continue with what I did yesterday...My last experiment for the day was to actually glue wire to the base to see if I can get rid of the too obvious thread showing...I used jewelry glue.  Later on I will pour another cast to see if it worked.  I used the smaller 24 gauge wire as I liked it best in my experiments yesterday!
sorry...the pic is blurry...I got in a hurry before I went down to make dinner...:)

oops...how did this get in here...OH WELL, since it's here...this is my little sweetie in his very first Halloween costume sent to him by ME...his Nana...:)  Gotta love that little pea pod!!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh his big smile just made me smile big myself! Look at that little sweet pea!

Love the way this acorn duo is progressing, Saundra. I think this is going to be beautiful!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you miss Sherry...I'm having fun with it!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...