THEN, I stamp the background. I have a favorite stamp I often use that is a bunch of little squares...and I also added an oak leaf stamp on top of that. (I made the stamp...you've seen it in my other acorn paintings)
And, that brings us to where you started...I re-laid the pieces down to see if it works with my background...The next step will be to adhere the branch, paint it...and continue to adhere and paint each piece...I'm going to use oil...so it might get a little tricky...stay tuned!
And, to continue with what I did yesterday...My last experiment for the day was to actually glue wire to the base to see if I can get rid of the too obvious thread showing...I used jewelry glue. Later on I will pour another cast to see if it worked. I used the smaller 24 gauge wire as I liked it best in my experiments yesterday!
sorry...the pic is blurry...I got in a hurry before I went down to make dinner...:)
oops...how did this get in here...OH WELL, since it's here...this is my little sweetie in his very first Halloween costume sent to him by ME...his Nana...:) Gotta love that little pea pod!!