Friday, April 6, 2012

PLAY DAY...FUN DOINS!


Yesterday I played art with a couple of artist friends.  They came up to my house in the mountains and we grabbed all our STUFF and experimented and played in art.  I highly recommend you do this from time to time!  Not only is it great to bounce ideas off each other, but it is fun to be with like minded people!  The end result of some our play is this print made from acrylic paint and shaving cream of all things!  My friend Carol Nelson brought up some shaving cream and we had a ball!  The method is easy and fun.  First you put some shaving cream in a foam plate...kind of thick...Drizzle some watered down acrylic over the cream and take a toothpick and make swirls in the cream mixing the paint a bit...then put a piece of paper over and press down...pull up the paper and scrap off the shaving cream with a spatula and VOILA...a print! FUN DOINS!  This is great for making collage papers!

The extra thing we learned from this play was that acrylic paint stays wet for a good long time when mixed with shaving cream!  The colors are more pastel, but what fun to discover this!  We took our extra scraped off shaving cream paint and actually painted over book pages for even MORE collage paper!!  Try it you'll like it!!

I was also lucky enough to grab a couple of extra photos of some bird friends that came by to visit...I think this is an evening grosbeak, but I'm not sure...
I'm trying to figure out what kind of hair do the top of his head reminds me of...anyone know??...FUNNY!

This little cutie is so puffed up I'm not sure what he is either...maybe a nuthatch or a finch??  And, YES...that snow was on our trees in the morning and all melted off by afternoon.  That's Colorado for you!!

I'm back to working on my "Bug's Eye View" now...stay tuned!

HAPPY CREATING!

4 comments:

Ross Lynem said...

Hi Saundra. This looks like fun. I only wish i had a couple of artist pals to try it with! But i do have a kids class i teach each week and i love those kids. They make me laugh and i get probably so much more from them than i give. I think they would have a ball with this. Could be a bit messy and i wonder if they would end up in a shaving cream fight but what the heck. I am always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

You are most welcome Ross...and thanks for stopping by my other blog and commenting! I DO like to play now and then...Have a great time with those kids!!...but I'd use tempera with kiddos so it won't stain their clothes??...just a little hint!

Autumn Leaves said...

His hair looks like Moe Howard of 3 Stooges fame to me. LOL I just saw another blogger try the shaving cream thing too (Rhonda Carpenter). I love the little tragedy mask in the lower left corner of your photo of shaving cream results! I wish I had artist friends to play with sometimes.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

YES...MOE!! Thanks Sherry! It was fun to play...but we don't do it often...sigh...

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...