Thursday, February 28, 2013

"OSCAR - AN OSTRICH" ORIGINAL MINI OIL ON PANEL © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Oscar - an Ostrich"
$25 + $2.95 shipping in the US
Available in my ETSY shop- oops SOLD 3-1-2013...
 
This guy is hilarious...he reminds me of Oscar the Grouch, thus the name! I find painting the ostrich quite fun...I laugh as I go! He's perfect for that someone who has a sense of humor! Painted on a 4"x4" panel with black sides he is perfect for sitting on an easel or framing...BE CAREFUL however as a frame is going to take up 1/4", so you don't want to get to close to his head...I have a solution if you wish! I offer; at no extra charge; mounting him on a 5"x5" black backer board so you could frame him in a 5"x5" frame with all his sides showing. The example for framing is shown; not included in the price however. I get these wonderful little black frames at Michael's. Oscar will be ready to ship about March 8 when he is good and dry!
 

you can see how the black backer board compliments a frame! It's acid free and as lightfast as black can be!! PS...the background color looks a bit blue in this pic...it is actually more on the purple side...Remember the colors on everyone's monitor is always a little different!!
 
HAPPY CREATING!


4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

For a second, I thought I was looking at the same post twice! But ah yes...I see the difference in the two ostriches. Wonderful facial expressions!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

No...he's different...however my mom was SO disapointed that that the other one sold I painted one for her too! ha...anything for my mom! These guys are FUNNY to paint!

Art with Liz said...

Gosh but you've been busy! And great ostrich paintings! You make them look cute when they're actually quite mean! I think you need to come to Africa to meet some of these wonderful animals you paint.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Liz...I have SUCH fun painting ostrich's! I saw other photos of them and was surprised and a little scared to see they have big teeth! WOW...I'd rather paint them funny! HA I'd LOVE to go to Africa one day...how awesome would that be!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...