Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"BE THE CHANGE" latest affirmation stick added to my ETSY shop © SAUNDRA LANE FINE ART


"Be the Change" is my first customized quote affirmation stick. I enjoy using the pre made quotes I find here and there, but on this one I took the quote "Be the Change You Wish to See" by Gandi and customized it on paper and then covered it with resin so it would be firm enough to attach to my dowel. This makes these affirmation sticks a customizable item for me! YAY! This is wrapped with canvas, leather, wire with beads added. These affirmation sticks are meant to be a reminder that you hang near your work station or anywhere else you need a reminder to, as in this case, BE that Change You Wish to See in this world! This dowel is apx 12" long and attached to a piece of barnwood. 
 In the detail of the swag you will see Howlite chips, silver bling and even a canvas bead.  I use these for a bit of color, texture and well, design fun!  I've also added the Howlite beads to the dowel as you can see.

WHY do I make these?  Well, as I have said in the past, I need a switch up now and then to clear my creative pallet so to speak.  Not only do I love working with lots of different media and objects in my artwork, but I love the words that can so often speak to that part of us that needs a bit of a boost.  For me, to look at a dowel for instance and think..."what can I make with this?  what can I do to create something new?"  I find that in the process of creating something new, it frees my creative spirit and helps in my paintings and other creative aspects of my life.  

I highly encourage you, especially if you are in a slump of any kind, to take an object and let your creative brain take over...make something new, do something different with it...it is FUN and often will free you from the slump and get you back on track again!

BE INSPIRED IN THE SMALLEST OF THINGS!!!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...