Friday, January 16, 2009

Are You Having Fun?









That is the question I ask myself constantly. I have a deal with myself; that I will paint as long as I am having fun. The minute it ceases to be fun, I stop. And the second I say it I get a bit nervous, because I love painting and creating so much that I can't imagine not doing it! Anyone relate to that? My "In the Forest" was fun. It started out being a straight acrylic painting, but ended up with a large portion of collage papers incorporated. The trunk and grasses in the front are papers with painting mixed in. I'm dissapointed with the way I've photographed this one as you can't see the grasses and it seems a bit too sharp. I'm learning and I'm sure will figure it all out.

We have a forest in our backyard. I was walking back there a few weeks ago and picked up pine cones and brought them back home to paint. I love all things tree! When I first painted them they sort of blended together, but I noticed some subtle changes and so I emphasized that...I love being able to manipulate things, so enhanced the colors a bit and they just popped. It is just a 6x6, but this one has become one of my favorites!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...