Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not A Tree


Yes, I paint other things...I thought I'd share some other things that I do. I was really focused on NOT making this a photo realistic painting when I did it last year. I had fallen into that trap. It is easier to be a bit more expressive when I do trees, but with other things I tend to lean towards painting like the people I studied under at the time. I think it is important to know you CAN do it if you wanted, and once you have done the "realistic" thing it is more fun (in my opinion) to interpret it differently. I wanted to have more loose strokes, but ended up being happy with "Three Pears" because of the way I loosely applied the highlights on the top. HA. Doesn't take much to make me happy! I think I am still on a road to loosen up and interpret more, but for now, this is good...

2 comments:

Carol Nelson said...

Hi Saundra, I like your blog. Your painting improves every time I see you. I signed up as a follower so I can keep tags on your work.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Carol, Glad you stopped by! I am looking forward to taking your workshop in February through Blue Sun Productions! I signed up as a follower on your blog as well. I spent some time today on your blog and your website and just love your work.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...