Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Is it a Series?






Have you ever wondered at why you paint what you do? Yes, we paint things we like and for many reasons, but as I share this second painting I completed recently I wonder if I can call it another in my series and what is it about these parts of trees that fascinate me so? Tree Line as I call it was a fun piece to do. I love giving some detail and leaving some to the imagination, and it is in this "series" of trees that have me so captured that I find leaving some for my audience to fill in for themselves the most satisfying. I paint so many different things, but it is the tree, that I so often come back to that thrills me. I have loved them since I was a child. They are strong and peaceful at the same time. This new avenue of sharing has given me a different voice that I am so excited about. I'm sure I will learn more about how to share with you all as time goes on. I am anxious to learn from you all, and hear your thoughts. In this batik that is in process I am seeing this same vision repeated, only in another medium. I don't know if I will finish it as I started to add lines and am not sure if I like it, but it is exciting still and fun. What lucky people we are to be artists...I wonder what the rest of the world does that gives them the same joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the subtle colors in the first one. And the composition.
Jean

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Jean, I used cerulean blue. Don't know if I spelled it right or not...guess I like painting better than spelling. The sky was that color one day, and I adjusted the reference photo I took to reflect it. Thank you for checking in...comments always help give a fresh eye!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...