Sunday, March 1, 2009

Carol Nelson Workshop


Yesterday was spent in Parker at a workshop done by my artist friend Carol Nelson. Carol was wonderful at presenting her information. We learned about different grounds and supports used to create abstract art using acrylics and all sorts of metals and other materials. Carol is quite an accomplished artist and one I admire as she is excellent at promoting and selling on line as well as several galleries in and around Denver. Above is Carol wearing an apron that has one of her self portraits gracing the front. This piece was unusual as it can be taken apart and re-arranged...very creative; which is how I would describe Carol. The other two pieces are examples she brought of small works she had done using the materials and method we were discussing. (Carol gave me permission to share photos of the day). Later I will share my creation, but I wanted today to be just a thank you to Carol for sharing such wonderful information and giving us a day to remember! I encourage you to visit Carol's website (click on the title to go to her website) to see just how fantastic an artist she is, and how versitile! Thanks for the day Carol!

2 comments:

Carol Nelson said...

Saundra, you are too much! Such lovely comments you have posted about my work and the workshop. You have that creative spark and the enthusiasm that I think is essential for an artist to succeed.
You have so much knowledge of techniques I have never tried, I know you could present a fun and interesting workshop yourself.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Carol, I would do a workshop or two if it came up. I love doing them!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...