Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Best Friends" original watercolor © Saundra Lane Galloway

 Forgive the pic...I think I took this through glass...so the colors are much more vibrant in person! lol

I originally posted this painting about two years ago.  But, as I'm working on a commission for a person who has invented something and has a patent on it and I can't share that for legal reasons, AND because my dad has been on my mind a LOT the past few months I wanted to post it again!  My dad is an awesome man.  A gentle, but strong giant (stands over 6' 4" tall) who has Leukemia and was JUST diagnosed with Parkinsons disease as well STILL works as an attorney; assistant to the attorney general in the state where they live.  He could have retired years ago, but kept on to help me pay for my beautiful daughter's wedding (the little one in the painting).  He STILL goes to work every day and I hear is called the "wise one" as he is JUST that!  They all come to him...and I'm bragging more now, but in his career only lost two cases!  He works right now as a liaison for the attorney general's office to help kids that get into trouble as well as help the attny generals office when they get into scrapes!  AWESOME DAD!  My mom is an incredible woman as well...she has worked tirelessly making sure his diet and all he needs to stay strong are in place...and it has helped markedly!  I love them both like crazy...Just a tribute to you dad...and to his beautiful helpmeet and partner in life...my mom! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Saundra, I just love your tribute to your Father...and your Mother. You've captured something special here.

Dean H. said...

A wonderful, touching, painting, Saundra.
You are blessed to have such parents....and they are blessed by having you as a daughter.
There is great strength in love.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Toni and Dean...I adore my parents! They have been such an inspiration and a blessing in my life. They have taught me so much! I'd say the blessing is mine...but Dean...tee hee...my mom would beg to differ! HA! Just like parents! I appreciate you both!

Autumn Leaves said...

Your words and heart have brought a tear to my eyes this a.m., Saundra. And this is one gorgeous watercolor too. A treasure in fact. May your dad's health improve so that he continues to stay strong and inspire so many.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

AMEN to that Autumn Leaves!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...