Monday, August 8, 2011

FOR OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN

Since I am now in waiting mode for baby and had much to do to get ready to go at the drop of a hat this morning I didn't have time to paint what I'm going to call my "extra".  Extra will be anything I get done in moments I have time before I hop in my car and drive (hopefully) calmly to my daughter while in labor and to meet my grandson when he is born....SINCE I didn't have time to paint...I wanted to share a bit about someone I love very much who needs our prayers.

I can't say names, I can't make too much reference to him at this time because even though he is stateside, he is still military and could be found and hurt if anyone were to read anything specific about him...Suffice it to say...I love him and am SO very proud of him!

Remember a couple weeks ago when the helicopter went down in Afghanistan?  and our 30 service men and/or women were killed??  I remember thinking of this person I love and glad he wasn't there as he was called stateside...but sad for those families that were so devastated by the sacrifice they made for our freedom to a country who doesn't seem to appreciate the sacrifice since it was the locals who leaked information...sigh...

This helicopter and company was one that this person I love was a part of...he lost friends...he is left to feel guilty in some ways because he wasn't there with them...and sad that he has lost some who fought with him...and sad for their families...it is hard to have served as he has, seen and experienced what he has...and left to live and work and continue to serve our country here...Please pray for him and those who have lost so much...

I want him to know how very proud of him I am...how I pray for him often!...AND, I will continue to be proud as I have found out that he was chosen to be trained (the best of the best they choose for this) to serve as protection for the president should he ever need it...

NOW, on to sunnier thoughts...I just can't seem to let go of my sunflower arrangement...so here are a couple more fun ones that will signify the end...as they are loosing petals now...but they have left us with smiles and good reference!!

HAPPY CREATING!!



6 comments:

martinealison said...

Une pensée particulière pour ceux qui ont donné leur vie pour nous...
et pour les deux dernier soldats français morts ce week-end.
Bisous

Pour quand ce petit bébé?

Art with Liz said...

A great post and tribute Saundra. I have a friend who also has a son in the British Army in Afghanistan and it's a constant worry. Hugs.

Autumn Leaves said...

What a tribute! So beautiful and I can only imagine what your loved one is going through. I so appreciate all our armed forces!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Vous remercier Martinealison. Mes prières sont aussi avec les soldats français ! Le bébé est N'IMPORTE QUEL JOUR ! ...I'm attend juste l'appel ! ! Dieu Bénit !
Thank you Liz...my prayers are with all these wonderful men and women!...I agree Autumn Leaves...they are so appreciated!!

Cherie said...

I am saying my prayers as well!!

Blessings,
Cherie

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Cherie!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...