Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SAYING GOODBYE...

WOW...saying goodbye to my precious grandson and my sweet daughter and wonderful son-in-law and friend and co-grandma was HARD!  But, it was time for me to head back to Denver to my husband who was a true trooper letting me be gone so long...and my art life.

I noticed that I was getting teary at almost EVERYTHING...I think I caught my daughter's hormones...that was a clue that it was time to let go and KNOW that my kids had it all under control and my work there was done...FOR THE MOMENT! ha.  I think someone my age going with little sleep is a bit of a challenge...HA...BUT, I WANTED to get up at the crack of dawn to give my daughter time to rest and to spend alone time with Paxton...so, it was a great experience.  I am lucky that I got to bond with this little precious one...and SO lucky that my kids let me have this opportunity!  THANKS YOU TWO!!

On the way home...I bawled...yep...cried hard...couldn't hardly believe that I was having to leave him and my girl who was so exhausted!  Later in the day I noticed that my arms ached literally in desire to hold him again...WHEW...this stage of life has it's emotions too! HA...All normal stuff...we all have these moments, so such is the joy of life that we can make our hearts bigger to encompass another life to love!

I left my little boy and my sweet daughter and son-in-law KNOWING they will be fine with this totally awesome little life...Yep, I'm gonna post another pic of him...here is what I call the face of wonder...I LOVED his little mouth forming these little o's and ah's...
AND...just to make SURE he doesn't forget his Nana's voice singing to him I left him a little star that played the music "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" while I got to record my voice singing it to him...HONEST...when ever he heard it he got quiet and just LOOKED...I prefer to believe he knows his Nana's voice and he loves me!!
Yep, it was like ripping off a big band aid having to leave these people I LOVE so dearly...but I KNOW we will be a close family and share in MANY more wonderful times together in the future!  GOOD LUCK LITTLE FAMILY OF THREE I LOVE SO MUCH!...I believe in you!  You will be GREAT!...and, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart Diana, my friend and co-grandma FOR LIFE...you being there when I had to leave gave my heart the hoodspa to leave and let go a little...I will always LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU for that gift!! 

And, NOW it is time for me to get back to work...I've already got a comission for a sunflower and some things to work on...PLUS I still gotta find a house...so, here I come!!

HAPPY CREATING!..and, thanks for letting me gush so much to you all!!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I so know all these feelings, Saundra. He is a gorgeous little guy and I hope and pray you get to visit him often. Sounds like you have much to do once you are at home so I am praying that the busyness will help a bit with the longing.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Autumn Leaves...I'm sure we will see each other as we all can...Being busy DOES help!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...