Tuesday, May 28, 2013

NEW ITEM! "ASPEN" - ART POLE © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Aspen" an Art Pole
72" (that's 6' folks) x 4" square
$200 (on hold for SAM) but, if you MUST have it e-mail me at art4life44@hotmail.com!
Come see this in person at the Summer Art Market June 8-9, 2013
Art Students League 2nd and Grant in Denver, CO
 
This is my new toy...something I wanted to experiment with to see if it would work. The best way to explain it is a painted sculpture..."ish".  I took a 6' 4" square pvc fence post and learned how to make it accept acrylic paint...figured out how to make it stand up and WHEW...here it is.
 



I KNEW it was not going to photograph well because it is so TALL and SKINNY...so I've taken a few detail shots so you can see it up close. The base is a wood plaque screwed into a 2' length of 4x4 that the pvc pipe slides over.  I wanted to keep the base as unobtrusive as possible, so this is what I came up with.  My wonderful husband and I are also working on a system that would allow this to be placed in a garden if that were preferred.  I've talked to some paint experts that gave me the proper sealant that will work outside.  The top is a fence post top that was painted to compliment this aspen stand of a pole.
In this large detail of a section of the top you can see how I've painted trees all around...this one sports a tree wrapping the edge.


I worked to make interesting negative spaces with some branches...adding to interest.
To really get the feel of this piece you just have to see it...so, I hope to see you at SAM in a couple of weeks!!
 
 
The weekend was a pleasant one...digging in the yard, me painting, a Memorial Day picnic with church folks...even a visit with our elk family in the meadow at the entrance to our mountain "neighborhood".

 
I'm hoping to get one more art pole completed before SAM.  This one will be poppy related I think...but first...another layer painting...and on I go!
 
HAPPY CREATING!!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love the way you think, Saundra. So glad your husband is so supportive too.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...