Monday, March 7, 2016

"BENTLEY" AND A BIRTHDAY SURPRISE...© SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY


"Bentley" 
6"x6" oil on textured panel
Private Collection
Last time I was in Texas my wonderful sister in law gave me the most beautiful hair experience...cut and color...I felt wonderful!  SO, to say thank you I painted her pup for her...You just can't do enough for a person that fixes your hair!  Bentley is the dog that was viciously attacked by a pit bull mix dog and almost killed...along with my sister...so, we are so happy to say he made it through!

I've been really busy the past few months with lots of things...the slice paintings, the affirmation sticks, and then there is working on things for my wonderful family in Nebraska...

My daughter asked for aprons for her birthday...matching ones for her and sweet baby Gracyn for when she wants to cook with momma.  SO, I got busy, got patterns, fabric and notions...it was FUN!  HOWEVER, I will never gripe about prices of aprons in the world again...it just isn't as inexpensive as it used to be to sew.  I am not sorry, because I enjoyed the end results.  I intended to do two sets, but ran across the fabric in the aprons below and fell in love!
 She asked for grey, red, yellow, grey...those colors...the above was my idea of the red/grey...
Next came the grey/yellow/black...the buttons have a G on them for Grimes...well, actually miss Gracyn's is for Gracyn Grimes!

I loved this pattern for it's simplicity, and got a surprise when sewing as the sides are actually casings for the neck and ties...it's all one long piece so the neck can be adjusted!  COOL!  I also loved the God phrases on this fabric...I just HAD to do this one too!
SO, busy days in my studio...and NOW another moose...coming soon!

HAPPY CREATING!




No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...