Sunday, February 14, 2010

A big ole bunch of Iris....

 

Happy Valentines Day for REAL everyone!!  This morning we woke up to SNOW (ok...it IS still winter) and I to a beautiful BIG bunch of purple iris!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE purple iris...you know these slender, delicate ones...AWESOME!! Good husband!! :)  Don't you just love their little faces??  How cool that God made flowers that popped so wonderfully with opposite colors on the color wheel!  An Artist's dream! 

 

Yesterday was my demo for the upcoming jewelry class...FUNNY!  I've done demo's at Hobby Lobby in years past...I laughed at all the people that came up to me and asked me where things were!! HA!  Several showed interest in upcoming class offerings...and I made a necklace and almost finished another...Good day!

I also had time to visit a new gallery of a friend of mine...the Aar River Gallery in old town Westminster here in Colorado...I'm happy to say Becky is doing great!  Beautiful gallery, beautiful work!  Becky asked me if I would be interested in teaching a series of workshops at the gallery this summer...OF COURSE I WILL!! FUN!!

HAPPY CREATING everyone...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day Saundra! I am so happy a talented artist and such a sweet person is surrounded by many blessings.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

My favorite type of Iris also - and they can actually be blue. Happy Valentine's Day!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Sheila! I FEEL blessed...I hope your Valentines Day was wonderful!!

WOW Claire...BLUE TOO...AWESOME!! Happy Valentines Day right back at you!!

Autumn Leaves said...

I love Sheila's sentiments; they are so true, so well said. The necklace came out so very beautifully!! Combining your teacher's heart with your art must be the most wonderful feeling for you, Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

It is ALL so wonderful Autumn Leaves...creating something is Awesome Fun! :) Now didn't that make me sound like a teenager! HA!

Art with Liz said...

Beautiful flowers Saundra - hope you had a fabulous day! The jewellery making looks like such fun as well.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Liz...I took a ton of pics...just have to paint some iris now!! I did have a great day...and jewelry is perfect for a breather between paintings!! :)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...