Sunday, May 30, 2010

BACK HOME

There is a lovely feeling when one says I'm home...even if the away time was important and included laughter and connections and making sure loved ones are ok.  I adore my family; but I am happy to be back HOME!

I had fully expected to write posts and add photos and such while away, but this time the fates were not for me in that area...either there was no connection available, or we were to busy to make it to places where I COULD connect, so the computer was largely used to work with photos I was able to take.

As always it was a joy to be able to spend moments with my father and hop too and fro with my mother...that was important!  I was even lucky enough to spend a few precious hours with my wonderful daughter and son in law before hopping on an earlier flight than originally planned to make my way back home.  It is a funny thing about me...I love being able to see my family, but I miss home...this time the need to be home was large...so that won...

I spent a lovely morning in my mother's beautiful back yard garden...here are a few memories I get to tuck away in my heart of the beauty she encourages to life back there!

As for us all...today will be full of laundry, and decompressing...and of course church...and I hope to squeeze a nap in there somewhere as well...

Just wanted to share a few colors and smiles with you all!! 

HAPPY CREATING!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi saundra!

it's nice that you're back home, safe and sound...

and i know what you mean about decompressing and catching up on laundry...that's the pits, right!

gorgeous florals...they might even make it into one of your paintings someday!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

come by sometime!

Anonymous said...

Know what you mean. Nice pics. Lots of subjects to paint.
Jean

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks girls...I'm sure there will be some paintings there!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Your mom does indeed have a beautiful garden, Saundra. And of course, your daughter is simply lovely, as always. I am such a homebody that I very easily understand that need to be HOME. Hope today is a great one for you!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Right back at you Autumn Leaves!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Welcome home! How nice to see family and to have a wonderful home to come back to.

No more snow???

Art with Liz said...

It is always nice to get back home! And a beautiful eyeful of great pics.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

You are right Elizabeth...family is awesome!

I love home Liz! It's nice to be with family, but home is...well, HOME! :)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...