Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"FREEDOM" wax collage © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "FREEDOM"
8x8 gallery wrap wax collage with design all around

"Freedom" is a big ole switch from my oil pieces.  One of the freedom's I enjoy is that I can work in any medium I choose to and as long as I work hard for each one it is fine!  I LOVE THAT about being an artist on my own terms.  I have a few new star paper cast molds I've made for more star pieces, but this first one had to be about our wonderful country! No matter what may come, the bottom line is we enjoy a freedom in this country unlike any other.

I've placed this piece in my EYE CANDY section of my website...and now to other things...

Next month I will be teaching a workshop on collage so for a bit I will focus on that type of work as I get ready for a fun day with Mountainside Art Guild.  I absolutely LOVE teaching workshops...after my experiences in the public school system I truly know my niche...now to find other venues where I can feed that need within me!  If I have to start an art guild up here I will...whew...lots of things to think about...among them...we may have decided NOT to move just yet...CRAZY me...just can't reconcile moving to the burbs after enjoying such beauty and quiet...BUT...we need a generator and better snow plowing services if that is going to happen...I think I'm relieved...yep...I feel a bit crazy right now...hope I am up for the ride!!

We had a visitor last night...my husband has named this "little" guy Rocky...but he is not really a little guy...I'd say he is a good 30 lbs...I suspect Rocky will be visiting more now that the weather has gotten better...I'm fine with it as long as I don't go out on our deck at night and step on him as he hangs out waiting for a hand out!

HAPPY CREATING!!

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Etonnant et singulier que cette nouvelle peinture et aussi très symbolique. bravo!
J'adore cet animal... En France nous n'en avons point! je le trouve génial semblable à un cambrioleur portant un masque!!!
merci de me le montrer.
Amitiés.

Autumn Leaves said...

Hoping your idea of staying put pans out too, Saundra. I know it would be a devastating loss to me if that were my home. Then again, I always do like a move...LOL This piece is fabulous!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci Martinealison...he does look like a bandit!

Autumn Leaves...It was a fun piece to do...:) I'm hoping it works out for a little longer too...

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...