Monday, October 8, 2012

PLAYING WITH TEXTURE

What I love about being an artist is the play! A chance to get into something and just PLAY! After errands and preparations for an upcoming open house I added some paint to a heavily textured 9x6" panel. I have every intent on painting something on top...but I'll wait to see...today I just wanted to show you texture!  The texture is applied to this with custom patch and an old potatoe bag...and custom patch with stamping in it...FUN!

By the time I got around to photographing this one the light had begun to fade...so, the color may end up being a surprise...it's much brighter in places...but, since today was TEXTURE...see that...this has lots going on...book pages, custom patch somewhere I'm sure and cheesecloth...FUN!
 
In all the busy days ahead with the holidays coming...don't forget to PLAY!
 
And, NOW for the upcoming open house I will be participating in with my abstract artist friend Susan Gordon.  IF you are in the area we invite you to stop on by!!
 

OPEN HOUSE ART SALE
Just in time for your holiday shopping!
Saturday, October 27, 2012
between the hours of
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
At the home of Susan Gordon
1932 S. Queen Dr, Lakewood, CO
(near Kipling and Jewell)
(303) 985-8299 or (303) 715-8066

Come join us for some holiday shopping featuring the artwork of
SUSAN GORDON
 and
SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY
Many paintings $100 or less, with some starting at just $25!
 
HAPPY CREATING!!

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Une belle idée que de jouer avec les textures et vous êtes en l'occurrence une Gagnante... Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses et de merveilleuses rencontres lors de votre "porte ouverte".
Gros bisous à vous

Autumn Leaves said...

These will be fabulous fun for you to work with and I can't wait to see what you do with them. I wish I could come out to your open house, Saundra. I'd bet it'll be wonderful for both of you.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci Martinealison, le jeu est toujours amusant!

I always cringe a little when I post unfinished work CrimsonLeaves...it could go great, or flop! HA...but, I guess that is half the excitement!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...