Friday, October 12, 2012

"SOFT KITTY" ORIGINAL 4"X4" OIL ON TEXTURED PANEL FOR ETSY © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

4"x4" oil on slightly textured panel
SOLD; thanks Kate! 
it twas...Available in my ETSY shop
 
I really enjoy just taking a subject that grabs me for the moment and painting for my ETSY shop! I THINK this is the cat of a friend of mine, Kate. I have thousands of photos in my references, so sometimes I forget the connections. I think yesterday I was craving a bit of soft and gentle, thus the kitty.  As I do in my ETSY shop, I paint a slightly textured panel, paint the sides black and then offer it mounted, if wanted on a 5"x5" black acid free/lightfast backer board for those who may want it framed in a bit larger (5"x5") frame so the edges can all show (at no extra charge).
 
On OCTOBER 27, 2012 I am bringing what isn't sold from my ETSY shop to an art sale open house I'm having with a friend.  At this sale I will bring my wonderful black frames for those who want to add them to the shopping experience.  These little paintings look great with the black backs and black frame.  For those in the area and interested in shopping my ETSY shop in person shoot me an e-mail and I will send you the flyer with all the information on where and times! art4life44@hotmail.com .  I will also have other paintings there for your shopping pleasure, some at NON GALLERY prices! I need to purge my studio so there will be room for many more creations in the future!!
 
I was successfully able to make the black floater frame for "Lodgepole", but need to do a little shaving on the piece to put it in the frame..SO, I'm waiting for it to dry before I do this...a few more days and I will post the final result!!  These things happen as I get ideas for new ways of doing things sometimes at the last minute...so, occasionally a little glitch in the system...AAAHHH the creative experience! WHICH is what I HOPE you are having today!!
 
HAPPY CREATING!


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

My creativity has truly been at low ebb of late. Too much disappointment in myself all the way around. Yet I so enjoy the art of my blogging friends. You certainly found softness with this kitty. A beauty!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks CrimsonLeaves!...We all go through those tims...when I am there I try to experiment with something new...and, inspiration from other artists is always a good thing!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...