Saturday, August 31, 2013

"I DREAMED OF A CROW" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA ON CANVAS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

12"x12" mixed media on canvas
$150 + $12 shipping in the US
This crow has found a private spot to have a berry snack.  The textured, scraped background gives this piece a dream like quality. Painted on a 3/4" stretched canvas it is ready to hang or frame.
 
WOW, this summer has been a busy one!  I am literally at times running from one project to another...I don't mind...I find it keeps the creative juices flowing!
 
I am also painting several for my galleries simultaneously as well as working on a painting for my own house!  I am getting ready to take a lot of work to three galleries, which leaves my own home a bit bare...so, I long for a peaceful painting for our walls.  This white barn (sitting at the bottom of our mountain neighborhood) will sit atop a meadow.  My goal is simplicity...so stay tuned!
 

 
My daughter's mother-in-law's sister-in-law (what would that make her to me?? LOL) took this funny photo of their dog...I'm dying to paint a little ETSY of him...FUNNY!!
and...
I gave myself permission to HATE my bedroom curtains...TOO CIRCUSY for me...so I went neutral this time so I could ADD pops of color!  MUCH BETTER!!  There is a leaf pattern in there too; which just so happens to match the leaves on my
bedspread!!  YIPPEE!!




and...
The FIND of the summer...we were coming home from A Taste of Colorado and our neighbors; who are moving had out front a dresser PERFECT for my new guest room for FREE!!  I've already prepped it for painting! FUN DOINS!!  Hubby thought I was crazy, but I ignored him this time!! :)
 
and...
 
While traveling to Louisville I captured this bit of mountain from my moving car...no worries, I didn't take my eyes of the road!!
Busy, happy days in this artist's world!!  I hope you are finding some of the same!!
 
HAPPY CREATING!


3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I so admire your joie de vivre. Mine has left the building. Anyway, love the crow and think it would make an awesome Christmas card.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Love the crow - wow!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Crimson Leaves, I'm not sure where it comes from, but be assured I crash at the end of the days!! I never thought of it for Christmas, but good idea!!

Thanks Julie!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...