Thursday, February 5, 2015

"BEAMER GRIMES" 5/100 FOR 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Beamer Grimes"
6"x6" oil on textured panel
SOLD to Suzanne; his pet mom!  

"Beamer" is a Vizsla/Lab mix boy.  My friend Suzanne is his mom...she says he's like Clifford the big red dog.  I LOVE knowing that!  He is also a rescue pup.  I am finding such a great side effect to this project already in knowing the stories behind some of these wonderful pets!  I'm so happy so many have rescued their pets...giving them loving homes!  

Beamer was a fun boy to paint.  I loved all the colors that just flowed out of my brush...he just seemed to have such soul while he was "posing" in his pic for me...I talked to him throughout.  We had great conversations! 

I think Beamer might benefit from a floater frame...remember you can find them on pictureframes.com.  I finally recieved the floater frame I ordered so I could show you all how easy it is to frame these panels.  Here is Beamer framed.  See how all his sides show.
The frame comes with some hardware, but I've found a VERY EASY way to frame your panel.  This photo shows all the parts.
The frame has three tiers...you will want to cut a piece of cardboard that fits in the bottom tier.  My panels are 6"x6".  The bottom tier is 6 1/4" x 6 1/4".  So, I cut a piece of cardboard that size.  Painted it black with some black craft paint. It will now fit inside that bottom tier.  You could glue it in if you want...I use wood glue by Gorilla Glue.  The little rectangle you see in the middle of the cardboard?  Well, that is just a little 1/4" thick wood
shape I got in a package from Hobby Lobby.  I just had that shape...they have square, round...etc, it doesn't matter...you just want your panel to sit even with the second tier.  I will glue that in the middle of the cardboard and then glue my panel CENTERED on top of that.  BOOM...it is all in the frame and ready to go!  The frame comes with wire for you to put on back and your frame is ready to hang!  NOW, you can go and have a thick piece of wood cut to fit the bottom tier...but I say WHY?  As long as the glue is secure it doesn't matter what the back is!  EASY PEASY!

So, there you have it folks...a frame option!  My only problem with pictureframes.com.  Their shipping prices are a little high...they ship this little frame in a huge box with tons of bubble wrap...I tried to talk logic to them, but they are set in their ways...however, there are so many color choices I still like the frames!


HAPPY CREATING!!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...