Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"ROSS" THE SUPER DOG 18/100 OF 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

This is ROSS THE SUPER DOG according to his pet dad; John Beck.  John decided to adopt a dog when he lived in a small apartment in Virginia.  He found Ross at a local humane society.  They assured John that Ross was a lab and would get to no more than 40-50 pounds full grown. When Ross would not stop growing John discovered that he was indeed lab, but also had some great Dane in him...SO, at over 100 pounds he is still loved...and I hear his two favorite things are people and tennis balls!  You can't see it all from his portrait, but Ross is sporting a lovely cape!  Thus...ROSS THE SUPER DOG!  Thank you John for the photo and the background on this awesome dog!  Ross was easy to enhance with color; keeping in line with my fauvist flair!

Here you can see how Ross would look in a floater frame from pictureframes.com.  This frame is a  CF1.  HOWEVER, you can also check out their regular frames.  Keep in mind their regular frames take 1/2" off of each side.  But, as I was visiting the site I noticed they have a good selection of regular frames for 80% off right now...I have ordered a gold leaf floater and a natural color maple one so I can take photos of those to let you see some other possibilities...they have not arrived yet, but here is Ross in the contemporary black one. To me these frames are the equivalent of the little black dress...you can never go wrong if you are confused about how to frame your pet portrait. :)
PS...I appreciate John so much.  He has been patient.  I woke up the other night thinking of Ross the Super Dog; wondering why I hadn't painted him yet.  I had to get up and check my files...and found that I had inadvertently skipped poor Ross...SO, I bumped him up the schedule and painted him yesterday...SO, those of you after this that have been given an approximate number for your pet's debut...just add a day.  THANKS ALL...this is a little bit of a huge undertaking to keep everything organized and I goofed! 

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Fantabulous, Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

He was a colorful dude for sure...and he sold today...YAY! Thank you CrimsonLeaves!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...