Saturday, February 28, 2015

"SADIE" 28/100 OF 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Sadie" is the cat of my oldest and dearest friend Sheri Roberts.  She has always been supportive of me, and in this project she remains so!  Sadie was so easy for me...the colors seemed to just tell me what they were.  I'm liking very much the more bold brushstrokes.  The lesson I have learned from this project is there doesn't have to be photo realistic depiction to capture a subject!
Sadie does fine in this floater frame from pictureframes.com, but she would also do well in a standard type frame where 1/2" is taken from all edges.  Keep in mind these frames are not included in the price of the painting, but just a suggestion to give you ideas.

I'm leaving on Monday for Omaha to greet my new granddaughter when she decides to arrive in this world.  I will still be posting a painting a day, however, just note that any paintings that sell after today I will not be able to ship until I return somewhere around March 13th.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm sure you understand the reason!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You've perfectly captured the expression in her eyes! Safe travels, Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you CrimsonLeaves...I have been so fascinated with all the eyes I've painted...so cool!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...