Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"LEO" 4/100 OF THE 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Leo"
6"x6" oil on slightly textured panel
SOLD  thank you Deb!


I love this cat!  Two different eye colors to start with!  I couldn't resist the softness of the stark white, but, in keeping with the fauvist tradition I exaggerated the colors throughout!  Deb is the pet owner of this beautiful cat, so a big thanks for letting me go wild!

A good resource I've been mentioning for frames for these animals is at pictureframes.com.  They have what we call "floater frames".  These frames show all the edges of a painting.  Museums hang work in this way on occasion.  The only thing needed for these panels is a small piece of wood glued to the back edge so you can screw it in from the back.  Anyone with questions about this or need help applying wood to the back for when you order a floater frame, just ask!  I'm glad to help!

HAPPY CREATING!


PS...an important reminder for all the paintings you see.  We all have those pesky different computer monitors that read color differently.  WHEN I photograph and place my painting on the computer I've made sure the colors are as accurate as possible comparative to the original...HOWEVER even my husband's computer reads the color differently.  His makes all of them look yellowy...YUCK!...All I can say is that I've never gotten anyone say to me they liked the picture on their monitor better than the original... sorry folks...just lettin ya know! :)

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...