Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Fall Aspen"

"Fall Aspen" is a 6x6x3/4" cradled canvas panel acrylic collage that I stained on the sides. I used my own handmade paper as well as some other paper I have collected. Another view from one of our trips hiking about this wonderful state of Colorado. I find this medium and approach quite exciting and can't wait to see what comes of other subject matter, but for now it is trees! I used a bit of iridescent Copper in the background gold leafy area. Fun to try new colors from time to time. I enjoy collage so often over just the one medium of acrylic as it gives a bit of built in depth to the work.

"Fall Aspen" can be purchased on my website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this one. It has great depth and the colors are warm and exciting. Love the collage effect. Can't wait to see more experiments.
Jean

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Jean, This evolution is quite exciting!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...