Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Lake at Squaw Pass"


"Lake at Squaw Pass" is a 6x9" acrylic gesso on panel. If my husband were here he could tell me the name of the lake, but all I can remember is the hike that day on Squaw Pass here in Colorado, and the soft light of the day that made the scene look sort of dreamy. I think it may have been even a bit more foggy than I depicted; hmmm maybe an idea to do another one with more fog!

I can't tell you just how strong the feeling of peacefulness is in my heart when I am tromping about our beautiful mountains. The inspiration I feel is incredible! I have lived here most of my life, and have never missed a day when I wasn't thanking God for what He made for us to be able to be in and see. I feel doubly blessed that I am able to take that feeling and from my fingers do something that reminds me of the present He gave us!

On my panels I have stained the sides and back so it is perfect just the way it is, or can be framed. I like to take my panels and either put them on easels, or just lean them on a shelf or the mantel for a layered look. I will be posting on the sidebar in the next couple of days the look of the sides of these panels so you can see how complete they really look.

I would like to welcome my newest follower. That brings us just TWO from the goal of 35 when I will draw from the names so that they may choose my gift collage 4x4's. Spread the word so we can get on to the next contest!

For purchase information on this painting click HERE.

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...