Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jonathan's Flowers


"Jonathan's Flowers" (18"x24" acrylic on stretched canvas) is a painting near and dear to my heart. When my son (now 28) was 5 years old I took he and his sister to the mountains for a day of fun, just the three of us. It wasn't very long before my little blond haired son came walking up to me hands behind his back; all smiles. He said in that little voice that I will never forget..."Mommy I found you something that is just as beautiful as you are" and he produced these flowers already in their "paper vase". I scooped him up all full of that stuff we feel when we realize we've just experienced a moment that will live in our hearts forever and gave him the biggest thank you I could without squeezing him to pieces! I immediately put them on a rock and took a picture of them; frozen forever in my heart and something to look at every day. A few years ago I painted them, just as they were that day...the way he arranged them. Today I was missing my boy; whom I haven't gotten to see in nearly 3 years, so I wanted to share this very special mommy moment with my blogger family. I'm smiling, hope it gave you all a smile too!
PS. WELCOME to my newest followers. I am so happy you've decided to stop by now and then...if my math is up to speed that means we are only 8 away from the next give-away. Stay tuned for some new give-away choices...

4 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful painting, fantastic memory!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Diane, Too bad my memory doesn't work as well for regular life! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory. Now you have a wonderful painting to keep that memory alive. Nice work.
Jean

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Jean. I'm not sure any mom could forget that wonderful moment! Wish my memory was as good in all areas! By the way, love your latest!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...