Wow, I didn't expect to be this excited, but I am happy to say we have a winner for the contest give-away! MICHELLE BURNETT. She is a wonderful artist from Utah. Click on her name to visit her blog and see her work. Thanks to Becky Joy, the newest follower I was able to immediately pick. Michelle chose "Aspen". Congratulations to Michelle! Tomorrow I will be announcing the next contest; it will have a twist, so tune in!
I feel like I've won the lottery; not only did I get to give away a thank you painting but I also found out that I have been invited to join the Daily Painters of Colorado which is a blog that showcases the work of Colorado Artists. Please take some time to visit as there is some wonderful art to see. I am quite honored!
AND, as if that wasn't enough I also am tickled to death to find out that the Kreativ blogger award was passed to me from Sema at Affirmart. Sema is a textile artist from India. She has some beautiful work. Thank you Sema. Your inspirational writings often make me smile!
The rules are as follows:
1) List seven things you're grateful for
2) Link back to the bestower of the award and list these rules in your post.
3) Name and link to seven deserving blogs to receive the award next.
4) Let them know they've been tagged.
Here are the seven things I'm most grateful for:
1) That God is real and present in my life.
2) For my two wonderful children and one that came to me through marriage
3) That I found the man of my dreams
4) That I'm lucky enough to love art so much and be able to CREATE!
5) My wonderful new and old (only chronologically) friends
6) That I get to live amongst the trees (for those who've been with me from early on, you KNOW how much a blessing that is!)
7) Each new day I get to live and the wonderful surprises that can come at any time!
There are so many wonderful blogs. I will be pondering this and will post the list tomorrow.
WHEW, and now a little "Eye Candy". This Swan Bling Box is a 2 1/2" tall by 4 1/2" piece. It is covered in different papers and topped with another found object. Three different beads strung together and added to the top. It is a commissioned piece that has already found it's way to the owner. So, for today I say Happy Painting to you all!