Friday, May 8, 2009

"Sunlit"


"Sunlit" is a new contest 4x4" choice for our next contest. It is created on a little different type of substrate. This is fiberboard covered with gesso. It is resistant to warping or being affected by water, and this has dovetail slots for hanging or can sit on an easel. This is a view I have from my front deck. I walked out the other day to see this very unusual view of the middleground trees bathed in light with the foreground trees in shadow. The sun was SO bright on those trees that I just had to catch it.

I was so thrilled to be able to give away one of the 4x4 collage paintings as we reached our goal of 35 followers, and NOW it is time to announce the next contest. When we reach 50 followers not only will I choose another follower to receive a give-away 4x4" painting or collage (more will be added), BUT I will also be giving follower number 50 a thank you gift for topping us off at 50! The gift to be given to follower number 50 will be a handmade business card holder made of painted and embellished canvas. Examples of these will be coming soon, so stay tuned. I will also be adding some of the card holders on top of the 4x4's for the random follower that wins the drawing to choose from. Fun times ahead (at least for me!). I do so appreciate you all for taking the time to follow my ramblings and commenting!

It is always joyfully difficult to choose just 7 blogs that deserve recognition because there are so many wonderful blogs and artists out there. I find new ones quite often! To pass along the Kreativ blogger award I have chosen these seven wonderful blogs:




1) Elizabeth W. Seaver Fine Art - for her wonderful creative collages

2) Jo Horswell: Mystory - which is full of wonderful bookmaking and printmaking

3) Art by Dana Marie - has wonderful wearable art and beautiful paintings as well as being the host of a great blog opportunity called Inspiration All Around Us

4) Diane Hoeptner - for her beautiful flower paintings and and more

5) Carol Nelson Fine Art - you have to see her paintings and abstract work

6) Carolyn's (Almost) Daily Paintings - for her beautiful still life work

7) Karen Cole: Artsortments - which always has a new piece of fun information and wonderful photographs
I encourage you to check out these blogs and just see if you aren't inspired!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely scene well captured. I like the way you captured the sun drenched middle ground and the shadow in the foreground. The picture has great depth.
Jean

Carol Nelson said...

Thank you Saundra, for giving me the Kreativ Blogger award. To be recognized by one's peers is the greatest compliment.

M E Chamberlain said...

Hi Saundra,
I've seen that same phenomenon out my back window - the middle ground bathed in light. You've captured it beautifully!

Mary Chamberlain

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you all...your compliments give me an added breath of fresh air! And Carol, I know you are crazy busy with shows coming up, but I think you give so much to the art world, I just wanted to say thanks!

rivergardenstudio said...

Your paintings are so beautiful! Roxanne

Diane Hoeptner said...

Thank you so much, Saundra.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...