Friday, May 22, 2009

Hawaii...Finished

I decided that the collage elements I added to "Hawaii" made me happier. I had first planned on feathering out the palm leaves either by cutting or painting over, but after I laid down the papers I rather liked the simple lines. They go with the simplicity of the mountains. The foreground I changed to just foliage with some papers. The texture is nice to bring what I wanted to become the secondary focus next to the trees. I really think this is more eye candy, but I'm leaving it at home until I do several more and will let my son choose his favorite.
I'm taking the weekend to play with my husband, to make paper and finish another mold for my next paper cast so I will be on a mini "vacation" from blogging, but will be back after the holiday with a lot of energy and some new work to show. I will, however take moments here and there to check in with all those I follow to see what's up in your world! Can't stay away from the computer totally!
Happy Memorial Day to you all!

6 comments:

Diana said...

You did it! It's awesome.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Diana, It was much more fun when I began that collage part!

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

Wow - you did a great job, its lovely and so serene!!!

Meera Rao said...

That does make a difference! Thank goodness for 'Artistic License'!!! :)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, very nice textures and shapes. I like the way you left the palm tree branches!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks all...I'm glad you like the addition of the trees!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...