Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hawaii in process...

This conundrum came upon me again (I've been here before) when I was painting "Hawaii" from some photos my son sent me from his recent trip...I'm painting along like I've always done, and getting more displeased by the minute. This is a pretty accurate version of the pic my son sent. He told me the day was rather overcast, as you can tell by so many similar values. (a big no no for a painting) So, I knew that going in...but I'm bored with it! So, as this blog is about my process, I thought I would share this.
I've noticed over the past 6 months that for much of the time I am no longer satisfied with just a fairly faithful rendition of a pic...I need to add more...something different...some punch, and most of the time just tweaking values doesn't do it for me. This is about complete for what was in the photo save another boat house a bit further into the water...but I feel the pull of collage! Now this is done on a 10x16" stretched canvas so I must be careful. I have done collage on canvas and it works fine, but if the papers were too heavy it might not work as well...So, I'm thinking add some punch with sunlight on the foliage...BUT perhaps I can add a tree (of the palm persuasion) with collage...So, just sharing this process with you...of course any suggestions are always welcome (of course the final decision is up to the artist...tee hee).
As frustrating as this is for me, it is a bit exciting as well. For months I have felt a subtle change coming over me...an evolution if you will. I have to admit my tree collages give me the biggest spark, but I DO believe I am moving in a direction...I'm fascinated to see where it will take me.
Before I sign off I just wanted to thank my newest followers for, well, following! We are closer even still to me having the great pleasure of choosing from one of you to send a gift of thanks for stopping by when you have time!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...