Friday, August 1, 2014

"CYNTHIA'S WINDOW" ORIGINAL ASPEN BRANCH SCULPTURE WINDOW © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Cynthia's Window"
Commission
Remember the window I did not too long ago as a tester for the commission piece I did?  You can see it here.  Well, this is the result of that experimentation.  Differences are...the branches are actual aspen branches (LOVE THAT), and the window was painted white and distressed.  I have to say...lovin those natural aspen branches!  But, the first one has it's own fun qualities as well.  She LOVED the end result.  I have to mention the wonderful stained glass artist that supplied the leaves is Kyle Schumacher from Blue Fish Studios on ETSY.  Kyle is great to work with, in fact, he actually made these from a request I made.  THANK YOU KYLE!
I have certainly had fun learning new things with this project.  I DID learn, however, that it is extremely labor intensive...so I may not be doing many large ones, but I DO have plans of doing some really small single ones...stay tuned!

My friend gave me some wonderful cherries today...I just HAD to bring them home for a photo shoot...AS USUAL, feel free to use the photos as references to paint from...I like to share!  I just appreciate seeing the fruits of your efforts...e-mail me what you do, it will be fun to see!! art4life44@hotmail.com.  I'm sure I will be painting from some myself!



We have had gazillions of gallons of rain lately (or so it seems)...our mushrooms are as big as my HEAD!  I'm happy to report that today is much sunnier and drier! YAY!
And, that is IT from my studio today...it was a good one!  I hope this finds you 
HAPPILY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love these window pieces you are doing, Saundra. In fact, I think everything you've done that is out of the box has been something I love. I just may use one of your photos too. As always I thank you in advance for that I will be sure to share it with you if I manage to find the time to paint. One photo in particular just draws me...the sideways architectural piece and the two cherries.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you so much Crimson Leaves. They are fun, but labor intensive as i said. Use away! I just put Cherries and Antiquity in my FINE ART AMERICA shop as a print...it DID come out nicely! I look forward to seeing what you do when you get time!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...