Friday, August 22, 2014

"BEAR VISIT" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA ON STRETCHED CANVAS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Bear Visit"
18"x18" mixed media on stretched canvas
$500

Living in the mountains affords me a wonderful opportunity to capture some of the wildlife that comes to visit from time to time.  This young bear is one of our visitors.  "Bear Visit" is painted in mixed media on a stretched canvas.  The background is largely acrylic with the trees painted in acrylic over paper.  The paper is very thin, but it seems to give a bit more depth.  There is acid free paper added to the background as well. The bear and some detail is painted in oil.  Bear Visit will be ready to ship on September 10, 2014 when the oil parts are dry.  "Bear Visit" comes ready to frame in your favorite 18x18" frame.
detail

As I said, this was painted to go in my own house...but, as with most paintings in my life, this one is for sale too...so I will enjoy it while I have it.
Here is the frame that it will live in while it is with me...I'm lovin the turquoise this year!!  HOWEVER, when the painting sells, this frame stays with me...I have an idea for an abstract that may live in it later...BUT, for now..."Bear Visit" lives here!
 I'm enjoying the last of our sunflowers for this year...the deer have chopped off leaves on some of them down low...but that is life on the mountain!
HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

So pretty!!! Love the sunflower photos too; I especially am intrigued by the not yet opened bloom...

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Crimson Leaves. Let's hope it has time to open!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...