Sunday, March 22, 2015

"CORKIE" 50/100 OF 101 PET PORTRAITS IN 101 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Corkie" is a special pup that's pet parents who sent in the photo are David and Terri Johnson; my brother and sis in law.  They gave Corkie to Terri's mother who was quite ill, and he remained her beautifully loving companion throughout the rest of her life.  Corkie was born to a Cocker Spaniel mom and a Dachshund dad.  The Cocker owners of Corkie's mom weren't too happy with this situation, but how can anyone be upset at the loving dog Corkie was!! 

Corkie needed bright colors to compliment his bright personality...also keeping in tune with the fauvist flair as I have been doing.

Here is Corkie in all his glory with the frame ideas from pictureframes.com in their floater frame section.
Black floater frame CF1

Maple floater frame CFS10

Gold Leaf floater frame CFS3

SO, I don't know if you have noticed that I have changed the name of my project...it has gone from 100 Pet Portraits in 100 Days to 101 Pet Portraits in 101 Days.  That was NOT a typo.  I have gotten a special photo from my co-grandma and awesome friend Diana Grimes of her wonderful Dalmation pup called Domino.  SO, she had the awesome idea to change the name to 101 and have Domino cap it all off and I LOVED IT!!  SO, from now on this is 101 Pet Portraits in 101 Days!  FUN!!

We are now JUST SHY of the half way mark, so if you want to see all the pets to vote on this section, friend me on facebook and you can see the whole 10!  

HAPPY CREATING!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh he is so cute! I can see both breeds in him too!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...