Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"HAWKEYE" 46/100 OF 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Hawkeye" is a beautiful lab/hound mix pup that is pet kid to yesterday's pet mom Kelina Moore.  Kelina was so sweet to send me these two beautiful photographs. In fact, her pet pup Dodger from yesterday sold.  This brings up a point I want to make again.  When I set this project up I made it clear that no one is obligated to purchase their pet portrait.  BECAUSE I set this up with no obligation I put them up for sale on my website just for general sale.  Often these portraits sell quickly, and sometimes they sell before the pet parent can get to the computer.  SO, I do make this offer, that IF a pet parent is going to purchase, but for whatever reason can't do it right away, please let me know.  I will gladly put your pet on hold for sale for a bit until you can get it done.  JUST SAYIN!

Hawkeye is full of very bold color right out of the tube, so I'm sayin he fits nicely in the fauvist part of my project within my style!!  FUN!  Take a look at his frame ideas (remember the frames are not included in purchase).  You can find these frames at pictureframes.com.  Go to their floater frame section. 
Gold Leaf FLoater Frame  CFS3
Black Floater Frame CF1
Maple Floater Frame CFS10

Remember Floater Frames are frames that show all edges.  It is perfect for the paintings that have important parts right up next to the edge as traditional frames take 1/2" on all sides.  To frame these MDF panels (that are 1/8" thick" I have cut foam core (you could do cardboard) the exact size of the painting, and attached 2 permanant mounting squares (made by Scotch and can be found at Walmart) to the foam core...and then press the painting on.  All you have to do is either glue or attach the foam core to the bottom section of the foam core (this makes sense when you have it in front of you), and voila` you are in the frame!!  They send you wire and such for the back as well...just attach that and you are done!!

HAPPY CREATING!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

He is painted beautifully!!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...