Friday, March 20, 2015

"BIG MAMMA PINK" 48/100 OF 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

This was a fun couple of paintings for me.  Laura Alsman; the pet mom to Big Mamma was so sweet when I told her I wanted to use pinks to paint her baby.  At first it was going to just be the pink cow, but then I thought how cool it would be to paint Big Mamma like I would do in the fauvist fashion; with the darks being dark purples and blues...and THEN, in order to show how it is more important to get the VALUES correct than color.  Value is the light and dark in a painting.  SO, I worked REALLY HARD to keep the drawing as exactly the same as the first Big Mamma so you would not be distracted by a different drawing, and focus on how BIG MAMMA reads cow no matter her color.  It was a fun thing to do!!  Check them out side by side!
Big Mamma Pink has her frame choices as well.  I find that I go back and forth on which is my favorite. 
Black Floater Frame CF1

Gold Leaf Floater Frame CFS3

 Maple Floater Frame CFS10 

These floater frames can be found at pictureframes.com in their floater frame section.  These are the least expensive of these wood frames at $26.40 each with $16.75 shipping.  I've been on them about their shipping costs, but haven't won yet! HA.  IF you do end up buying a frame from them you might mention you'd buy more if shipping wasn't as much! 

HAPPY CREATING!


 

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Such a great pairing of colors! Not only Fauvist but a distinct Warhol-esque look when side by side! I love it!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...